Supported by the British Chamber of Commerce
15 scholarships available
London, 12th edition – The best opportunity for a successful future!
The new edition of the Master in Hospitality and Hotel Management organized by the Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the UK will start next October.
Take the chance to be amongst people who have decided to boost their future. Thanks to this course, which consists of one month of lectures in English taught by excellent professionals
and a three to six month internship, the Chamber continues to introduce hundreds of young Italians to the UK hotel industry, deemed to be second to none in this worldwide business. The interactive teaching enables students to learn quickly the main concepts which will be essential during the internship period. With the placement service
carried out by the Chamber, anybody between the ages of 18 – 34 willing to start or enhance their career has the opportunity to enter one of the most important hotels in the world
from the main door. After having completed the course 90% of our students have successfully found jobs. That is why after eleven editions, the Chamber is happy to present again this Master, which is a unique opportunity
to enter the international market and which meets the demands of the only industry able to face any economic crisis, i.e. tourism.
We will consider applications from candidates holding a diploma or degree, as well as from those who have already a significant experience in the hotel industry. A good command of English
and a strong commitment to invest in one’s professionalism are essential requirements. In such a competitive environment such as the one of the English metropolis it is vital to be ambitious and willing to take on a challenge as well as having the skills that our Master aims to provide.
The Master in Hospitality and Hotel Management includes:
- Complimentary return flight to London (either from Rome or Milan, at the beginning and at the end of the lectures);
- Complimentary return transfer to the accommodation from London airport.
- Complimentary accommodation in London during the first month of course (lectures);
- Lecture material provided in digital format;
- Personalized placement service in accordance with the job demand;
- Tutor assistance;
- Certificate granted by the Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the UK.
Click here to see photos
from the past edition.
The Master will last for four or seven months and will be divided into two terms. There will be a first month of tuition, followed by an internship of a minimum of three months up to six months. To get the best from the lecture month the teaching method is focused on substance above form. The classes will start on 9th October and end on 5th November 2013. The tuition consists of approximately 180 hours of classes, plus 20 hours of individual study. Classes will be held in English to enable students to be prepared for their work environment and learn the sector specific vocabulary. The programme is offered full-time only and the timetable will be as the following: Monday to Friday from 9 am - 6 pm (one hour lunch break), Saturday from 9 am - 1 pm. To be granted the Master certificate students must attend at least 75% of lectures.
The programme reflects the saying ‘practice is more important than theory’. Indeed, there are a lot of courses apparently similar to ours which, in fact, are purely based on theory, something that here is replaced by the experience of all our teachers. There will be no long monologues but rather active classes which recreate the reality of the industry.
The modules are:
a. Sales & Marketing
- Structure of the department;
- Analysis of its tasks;
- The Sales Manager;
- The Marketing Manager;
- The market;
- From traditional to web marketing;
- The marketing mix.
b. Staff Management and Human Resources Assessment
- How to write a CV (UK format) and how to prepare a job interview;
- Recruitment and selection;
- Training of human resources;
- Role of the department;
- Career plans and staff motivation;
- Appraisal: an essential tool for management.
- Leadership and human resources management;
- Leadership: its impact in the company;
- Leadership and communication;
- How important a leader is in the team work.
d. Conferences and events organization
- The department;
- The main tasks;
- Essential knowledge;
- The importance of its interaction with the rest of the Hotel.
- The structure of the department in modern hospitality;
- The main tasks and objectives;
- How to welcome a guest: techniques;
- How to deal with a complaint;
- The check-in and check-out procedures;
- The importance of its interaction with the rest of the Hotel.
f. General accountancy and budget, monitoring the budget and setting of prices to guests.
- The budget structure of a UK company;
- Analysis of the budget according to UK law;
- Assessment of the final balance;
- Essential principles of UK accountancy;
- Business plan: the compass of a company.
g. Food&Beverage and purchasing management
- The F&B Manager and his/her increasing importance in modern hospitality;
- Food costs and GP as crucial elements in the running of the department;
- Choosing the suppliers and creating menus and wine lists;
- Monitoring the stock;
- The relationship among restaurant/kitchen/room service.
h. Business cases
Analysis of successful business cases in different hospitality scenarios.
During the first month visits to hotel and venues will also be arranged.
are renowned professionals in the London hospitality industry, most of whom have international working experience
. The limited number of students means that every class is interactive and dynamic, with a direct and exciting approach to learning. Furthermore, teachers often keep in touch with the students and help them get to know the working environment and network.
Once the in-class period is over, students will undertake a three to six month internship (500 hours minimum). The start date will be decided according to the availability of the hotels which will also be free to decide on the terms of the internship (duration, possible salary or pocket-money, etc). Among the hotels which previously took on board our students, we can mention Dukes, Millennium, Grange, Melia Whitehouse, Crowne Plaza, The Ritz, Sanctum, The Rocco Forte Collection and Baglioni
Admission & Scholarships
There are 25 limited places
The Master's fee is GBP 3,400 + VAT (20%)
and it is possible to pay by installments at zero interest. Our sponsors provide for 15 scholarships of £480 (VAT included) each to be assigned on a first come first served basis.
To apply, candidates should:
- send their CV in English via email
- submit the online application form
Once the application has been received the Chamber will contact the candidate via email to arrange a telephone interview with one of our English native speakers
in order to test the candidate’s command of the language. After that the candidate will be informed about their admission and the possible grant of one of the scholarships.
The last deadline for the submission of the application is when the maximum number of participants has been reached. Considering that there are a limited number of places the Italian Chamber of Commerce for the UK reserves the right to accept or reject applications. Because of the limited number of participants the earliest applications are more likely to be successful.
The candidates who are admitted onto the MA should pay a deposit of £500
(including VAT which is not refundable if you decide not to participate in the Masters any more) within 48 hours of the admission confirmation
by bank transfer to:
Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the UK
Sort Code. 20-36-47
Please send a receipt of the payment via fax (0044 20 7495 8194) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you pay by debit/credit card there is an additional charge of 2%; if you pay with American Express, an additional 3.5%. All bank fees have to be paid by the participants.
The rest of the payment (full amount or first installment) should be done within 15 days
of receiving the admission confirmation.
The Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the UK
1, Princes Street London W1B 2AY
Tel. +44 (0)207 495 8191
Fax +44 (0)207 495 8194